Place Shared Services Director
JOB TITLE: Shared Services Director
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
Employing Company: Gen II Luxembourg Services S .à r. l.
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, with $850 billion of private capital under administration. Gen II services 6,500+ fund entities with a 99% client retention rate. The group has over 850 employees, with several offices across the United States (New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas and Denver) and in Vancouver and Luxembourg.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
Gen II Luxembourg Services offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, providing Gen II US clients, and new US and European sponsors with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
The Shared Services Director, is responsible for functions which have transversal responsibilities across all client portfolios. The role is responsible for approximately 40 employees that sit across 8 teams.
The role reports to the Head of Client Services and Operations
- Shared services functions include;
- TA – Registration
- TA – Investor Servicing
- Tax reporting support
- Regulatory reporting
- Treasury management
- Floating support team
- Outsourcing Oversight
- Corporate administration (Corporate Secretarial)
- Work with the leadership team, supporting the ongoing design of the shared services functions and complete transition of in scope tasks from the operational teams
- Understand client requirements and work towards creating efficiencies including standardization where possible
- Work with the client services teams to ensure robust planning and reporting models are in place
- Continually review, challenge & enrich the control environment for improved quality and efficiency
- Drive towards function appropriate business Information reporting, across shared services, on a real-time basis using our shared technology platform.
- Support team managers in analyzing and defining future technology needs to build on our Gen II core for the future in order to ensure scalability and transparency of our execution and control
- Accountable for team management including resource/workload assessment, recruiting, goal setting, performance management
- Operate as part of the leadership team of Gen II Operations and work with colleagues across functions on areas of client deliverable improvement as well as internal staff development and coaching
- Bachelor in accounting, finance or a similar qualification
- 10+ years of relevant experience in private equity fund administration in Luxembourg
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures, any specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP) is considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Result-orientated with a sense of responsibility and commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication), any other language is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, any knowledge of eFront & Sage Intacct would be an advantage